Advertisement

$25M recommended for NH coronavirus relief reserve fund

(WCAX)
Published: Mar. 5, 2021 at 12:41 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - The executive director of the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery is recommending that an estimated $25 million in unused coronavirus relief money be set aside for a reserve fund to cover unanticipated needs in the future.

Taylor Caswell told a meeting of the office’s legislative advisory board on Friday that the office is accounting for how much relief fund money is still available following the close-out of various grant programs.

Caswell said considering the flexibility of the funds and the deadline for relief expenditures pushed out to December, “this will allow us to fully assess gaps that may emerge after deployment of the December relief package ... as well as the new stimulus package that’s being debated in Congress right now.”

Caswell also is commissioner of the New Hampshire Department of Business and Economic Affairs and co-chairs the Governor’s Economic Reopening Task Force. He said he thinks the funding provided by GOFERR last year in partnership with the board “has put New Hampshire in an exceptionally strong economic position, as we see COVID number decreasing and vaccine numbers increasing.”

(Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)